Apartment Therapy's Small Cool Contest 2010

4.20.2010

I just wanted to share with all of you my favorite entry from Apartment Therapy's Small Cool Contest 2010, literally a contest to find the smallest and coolest spaces! Her name is Anu and this gal did such incredible things in just a small rental apartment, which I find really inspiring!


This room is so chic and interesting without being overdone. Love the bamboo chair of course, and the light gray walls. My favorite thing would have to be those greek key valences though! I have been DYING to do valences/cornices (whatever you would like to call them) in my new place when I move!!


The graphic wallpaper is awesome too, and for this particular room I think the single wall of it works, to not overpower the space.


The light blue, yellow and white with little splashes of red is stunning... and again, LOVE the valences and curtains made of that lattice print fabric. The yellow and white fabric looks very Palm Springs to me :)



I'm not sure what's up with the gray walls in the hallway, because they look like a textured wallpaper, like faux croc or something, but the picture is too small to tell for sure. If that's not what it is though, I say it's a good idea! If there is a dark gray faux croc wallpaper out there, I would paste it up on my walls ALL DAY. I'm also a huge fan of pairing gold with gray, so well done, Anu!

XO Athena

2 comments :

  1. I believe the grey hallway wall you're looking at is either a very slubbed dupioni silk, or a sisal (which is awesome to work with). It looks similar to something we used on set that was dupioni. It's beautiful for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yaaay thank you so much! I was like, I must create this look... somehow, someway! I'll have to look into it:)

    ReplyDelete